AurGroup Financial Credit Union is a member owned, not-for-profit, financial cooperative, with each of its accounts privately insured up to $250,000 by American Share Insurance (ASI).
ASI insures accounts, not individuals. Each account you have with AurGroup is insured up to $250,000, the highest level of primary deposit insurance available to protect your accounts. By accepting only top-performing credit unions and closely monitoring them, ASI is able to operate within the confines of safety and soundness while providing exceptional coverage.
Because AurGroup meets ASI's higher standards, we are able to provide higher coverage for all your accounts. If you would like more information, please contact us or visit ASI on the Internet at www.americanshare.com.
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
- (888) 442-7998
- (513) 942-4422
or write to:
AurGroup Financial Credit Union
8811 Holden Blvd.
Fairfield, OH 45014
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
- Information we receive as a result of verifying your identity as required by the USA Patriot Act
- Web site cookies
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, and mortgage service companies.
Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers/printers, plastic card processors, direct marketers, government agencies, mail-houses, collection agencies and auditors.
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to nonaffiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize, so that we may provide members competitive products and services.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with AurGroup Financial Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
AurGroup Financial Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members.
Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us -- we are here to serve you!
Â© CUNA Mutual Group, 2000, 2003
25914 23375 04/07/03
Patriot Act Disclosure
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person that opens an account. When you open an account, we will ask you for your name, street address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will ask to see your driver's license and/or other identifying documents.
3rd Party Link Disclosure
AurGroup's website offers links to various sites maintained by third parties. In accessing these sites, you are leaving the AurGroup website. AurGroup's privacy and security polices do not apply to linked websites. You should consult the privacy disclosures and security policies on each third-party site for further information. AurGroup is not responsible for the overall website content available on third-party sites and links are offered for use at your own discretion.